Listen to the Weekly Wrap proper right here or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher. If you benefit from the present, please take a second to fee it or put up a evaluation.
And that’s a wrap of the week ending Aug. 9, 2019
This week I’m fascinated with how power comes from the variety of our voices and the character of our manufacturers. I supply my tackle a information piece reminding us that rising markets supply a chief alternative for progress (and the way these markets is perhaps nearer than you suppose). I discuss with Sydni Craig-Hart about how ignoring the variety of your viewers means leaving cash on the desk. And I level you to an article that exhibits how good manufacturers put their company tradition to work for his or her audiences.
Listen to the Weekly Wrap
Starting with the 30th episode, I’ve modified up the format and size:
- One deep thought (Three:00): Think of all of the actors who portrayed the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes: Sir Christopher Lee, John Cleese, Charlton Heston, Robert Downey Jr., Benedict Cumberbatch, Yūko Takeuchi (who performs a feminine model in a brand new sequence from HBO Asia and Hulu Japan), and dozens extra. Sherlock Holmes is extra fascinating for the variety of the voices bringing the character to life. So, too, are our manufacturers when various voices inform our tales. I supply deep ideas on why failing to have a good time a model’s totally different voices is likely one of the greatest storytelling errors we will make.
Failing to have a good time a model’s totally different voices is likely one of the greatest #storytelling errors. @Robert_Rose #WeeklyWrap Click To Tweet
- A contemporary tackle the information (eight:20): An enchanting article from fipp.com suggests the benefits of discovering new audiences by wanting past people who find themselves such as you – and even past people who find themselves like your current prospects. The article explores the chance to construct new audiences in greenfield markets the place most shoppers presently have restricted web entry and the place 5G and different new applied sciences are about to carry many extra on-line. The article factors to Mexico, however I discover methods manufacturers can apply this idea nearer to their residence – creating new audiences by discovering riches in underserved niches as a substitute of attempting to steal them from established gamers.
Find riches in underserved niches as a substitute of attempting to steal them from established gamers. @Robert_Rose #WeeklyWrap Click To Tweet
- This week’s individual making a distinction in content material (13:16): My visitor this week by no means fails to impress me along with her sheer tenacity, creativity, and advertising and marketing potential. Sydni Craig-Hart, CEO of Smart Simple Marketing, is a fourth-generation entrepreneur who has run her enterprise since 2006. She’s helped greater than eight,000 small companies in 79 industries drive progress. And she’s working with among the greatest tech firms on the planet – Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and extra – to assist them previous their infamous blind spots: viewers range. Sydni and I discuss how manufacturers ought to lean into shoppers’ need to purchase from firms that perceive and respect them, and share values with them. She’s a real chief on this subject. Don’t miss the possibility to hear her recommendation, then get to know her higher by:
- Reading her article on multicultural advertising and marketing
- Attending her Content Marketing World 2019 session, Profitable Multicultural Marketing: How to Increase Sales Using Diversified Resources to Infuse Authenticity Into Your Campaigns
- Trading concepts along with her on Tuesday’s #CMWorld Twitter Chat
- One content material advertising and marketing thought you should use (26:25): This week’s thought comes from CMI’s Jodi Harris, who wrote Is Your Corporate Culture Conducive to Content Success. The article offers examples of the way entrepreneurs are shifting their model’s mindset to promote revolutionary, responsive, and significant shopper connections. Don’t miss this nice article.
We want to shift the #advertising and marketing mindset to create responsive & significant shopper connections. @joderama Click To Tweet
Love for this week’s sponsor: Learn from various voices at Content Marketing World
The largest content material advertising and marketing occasion on this planet will return to Cleveland Sept. Three-6, with the returning voices of Joe Pulizzi, Tamsen Webster, Scott Stratten, the model voices of BuzzFeed’s Nilla Ali, Emerson’s Kathy Button Bell, Pura Vida Bracelet’s Griffin Thall, and the unmistakable (and unmissable) voices of Henry Rollins and Mindy Kaling. Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or a content material advertising and marketing beginner, you’ll discover your voice at #CMWorld. Register as we speak and use code ROSE100 to save an additional $100 off your registration.
The wrap up
Tune in subsequent week for an additional deep thought, a contemporary tackle the information, an interview with one sensible individual making a distinction in content material, and an awesome content material advertising and marketing thought you should use. And it’s all delivered in rather less time than it takes for you to say “What the actual …?!” in response to Oscar Mayer’s sizzling dog-flavored ice cream.
Who eats simply mustard @Frenchs? Condiments have been made for Oscar Mayer sizzling canine. Say whats up to the Oscar Mayer Ice Dog Sandwich – 🌭 flavored ice cream, made with our higher sizzling canine, sandwiched with spicy mustard 🍦. Do you need to do this? Coming in August🔥 #OscarMayerIceCream
— Oscar Mayer (@oscarmayer) August 1, 2019
Let us know what you consider the brand new format within the feedback or on Twitter: #WeeklyWrap.
To hear to previous Weekly Wrap exhibits, go to the fundamental Weekly Wrap web page.
Cover picture by Joseph Kalinowski/Content Marketing Institute